Thursday, May 9, 2013

Ikat Weaving from Solor

Solor is an island next to east Flores.
My cousin bough this ikat from a guy from that island who sale this in her office is Larantuka Hospital, they bought it in order to make uniform for their division.
She trust me to make it and gave to me that ikat when i was in her parents house in Lewolere - Larantuka last Easter.
This model you can wear separate only top with other skirt or only skirt with other top, or wear that as a  suite. When you wearing as suite you can wear it for formal occasion and even when you wear the top with mini skirt you can wear it for formal too, and for skirt I really suggest to wear it with kebaya with short sleeves and put as the way I put in the other picture of myself with black kebaya



Me on my father in law birthday party on 2nd Feb 2013 with the same kind model of skirt. Of course we produced the black kebaya and skirt, the red ribbon is made from flannel I bought from dollar store for $1 sure and it is 2 pieces that I sewing it together to make it became one piece. The red shoes I got from my husband as a val's present on 2012 that i want so much, we found it  in pay less.

No comments:

Post a Comment