Thursday, January 13, 2011

never going to acicis desk to be volounteer :) *malas

Dear Madam
I am Caroline Ariesty P. Kumanireng mostly people call me Yesti, I am friendly, easy going, hard working, dedicated, and kwon many things about Indonesian culture. Well I know that I am graduated from Atma Jaya University Yogyakarta and have only minimum knowledge about Gadjah Mada University as university where ACICIS has program in Yogyakarta. Although I still believe that I can learn many things about Gadjah Mada University fast as product knowledge to introducing it to ACICIS further students and otherwise the ACICIS students comes to Yogyakarta – Indonesia not only to learn about Gadjah Mada University but more about Indonesian culture especially about Yogyakarta which is Gadjah Mada is their mediator to learn it, and for Indonesian culture I qualified enough. I am from Nusa Tenggara Timur and sure more than know about Nusa Tenggara Timur culture which is I am sure not enough people from Nusa Tenggara Timur has opportunity to worked for ACICIS program introducing Nusa Tenggara Timur culture and areas likes Timor, Sumba, Flores, Alor and Rote.
It has been likes 5 years I am interacted with many foreigners and 3 years with ACICIS students and it’s always fun to know them n their culture n their thought about Indonesia because its like giving me vision how’s world perspective about us and it is good so we know how suppose to react, act, and respond to the world to make this nation better. Many issue all over around the world about Indonesia good or bad. If it’s good it will be nice n will be good for nation in many ways but if it’s bad than sometimes really hard being nice to foreigners who thinks bad because got bad issue, hard to be nice to people who look down on you, who think negative about you, who make a bad statement about you, who said bad thinks about you, who underestimate on you, and its like you taking guess which one 1st between egg n chicken. Because it’s about action and reaction and you never know whose start it. In my experience it’s always working to explain to whether foreigners whether Indonesians about each culture, point of view, value of life and many thing to avoid misunderstood between foreigners and Indonesian. Than to understand them I need to interact with them, so someway and somehow I can reduce conflict between foreigners and us as Indonesians.
That’s always reasons for me want to know foreigners and since we are super close to Australia so we do really need to know n understand their way so we can giving them positive reaction for any action they make. Other reason is fixing my grammar I need to learn grammar and I am kind a person who can learn faster with practice than take a class.
sincerely - yesti

No comments:

Post a Comment